Pages

Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, February 22, 2010

Results and Photos



Clearly, I have not posted in the past few days.
Why?
Good question.
As a graduate student, I have been applying for internships -- all with the military (Navy and Air Force). Results came out on Friday morning. I did not get an internship. As you might guess, this news sucked....correction: sucks.
Thus, I have not been doing much wedding planning as of late.
The only thing I have been doing much of is having a pity party.

What has happened, however, is that just over a week ago Chris and I had an engagement photo session. Pretty normal for a couple planning a wedding. What was unusual was that we had eight photographers.
Huh?
Yeah.
Eight.
Chris is into photography (www.chrislangsdale.com) and is part of a MeetUp group for photography enthusiasts. Many of the group members are new professionals who are looking to build their photography business. We took advantage of that. We invited group members to join us at a public location (a park) and get an - apparently rare - opportunity to add an engagement session to their portfolio.
So.
Eight photographers, all with different levels of knowledge, skill, and equipment.
No guarantees on the quality of the photos, but the only cost was an afternoon.

We had a blast.
I felt like a rock star.
This is what it looked like to an outside observer:
But that's only four photographers.

Chris isn't super comfortable with having his photo taken...but I am. It was insane, and fascinating.
I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Here are some of the favorites among the ones we have received from the photographers so far:





(Above photos by Victoria Medina)








(Above photos by Danielle Stolman)


No comments:

Post a Comment