Pages

Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, April 8, 2010

For my Mother

Lately, as it may be evident, I haven't been doing much wedding planning...for myself anyways.
School has ramped up and I have been spending a lot of time on my volunteer work and in self-reflection.
I have also been helping my mom work on her wedding plans...especially because her wedding is coming up much more quickly: June 26th. I also have a lot of bridesmaid duties, including planning the Bachelorette party.
Because of my dad's wedding a few years ago, my brother's wedding this past August, a close friend's wedding the day before my brother's, my best friend who is planning her wedding for a few weeks following mine, and my mother's wedding, I've had a lot of close contact with wedding lately. It's fascinating to build these ideas and notice how people approach things differently - and all of the wedding that have already happened have been lovely and beautiful.

Also, since my mom's wedding is following her engagement shortly, there's a lot to do in the next 80 days. I plan to focus on her, for the most part, for all these reasons, but I'm also going to be sharing some of that experience here, even though it's not our wedding I'm planning for. I suppose it's a learning experience and I'm eager to share.

To start, I'm helping keep my mom and her fiance on track, time-wise, which is really important since they have so little time left. I visited last night and helped her choose her shoes and get them ordered. I also helped her decide on what tasks she was going to tackle over this coming weekend, which is fun.

I like organizing.

Now, it's time to work more on the Bachelorette Party -- planning what's going to happen and where.

No comments:

Post a Comment