Pages

Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, January 7, 2011

Bridesmaids Dresses

This the dress I'm having the girls get as their bridesmaid dresses.
I just lovelovelove the convertible dress and I cannot believe that it took me as long as it did to find one in so many, many colors and for a reasonable price ($99 for knee-length).  Lots of sellers on Etsy have similar dresses, but I like the attitude of the listing for this one...plus the fact that she sells color swatches (which I duly purchased to make my specific color selections).

I discovered this dress shortly after falling desperately in love with Etsy which, in case you didn't know, is a most delightful online retailer wherein folks sell handmade and/or vintage items of many varietals -- often at very reasonable prices.

Anywhoodle:
This is the dress that I picked for my BM's; I think they like it...but even if they don't, I'll be glad to purchase them back after the wedding for my own personal use (provided that any of them order a size that will fit me!).
I love that they can style it how they like, that it's potential flattering to basically everyone, that there will be no need for anyone to pay for tailoring, and that it should work for my sister-in-law who will be newly un-pregnantified by the time of the wedding (yay, new little niece who should be here in 5 weeks!!!).

I love how many colors this particular one comes in -- it's so tempting to order several -- especially the stripey ones!!

Two of the girls are going to wear a red color and two will wear a turquoise (the weight with which I determined that actual shade based on the aforementioned swatches is staggering and totally unnecessary, haha).

I also plan on purchasing a white version for myownself to possibly wear as a reception dress.  Have I mentioned that I'm having a reception dress?  I am.  I cannot dance-dance the way that Chris and I dance in my wedding dress and, you know what?, dancing is super-important to our relationship; I cannot imagine not dancing freely and fully at my own personal wedding. :)

I am definitely excited to order these and play with the styling with my sisters when they come in; I just know they'll all look exactly like themselves...and also like my BM's.

No comments:

Post a Comment