Pages

Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, January 3, 2011

Hapy New Year!

As promised, with the new year's arrival, I am back in the saddle of wedding planning already.

And, this year, when the clock struck midnight, I had one thought:
This is the year I am getting married.

Although, because he had to work, Chris could not be with me on New Year's Eve, my thoughts were with him just the same as the 2011 was ushered in as the year when he and I will wed.

On that point, I find myself once again amazed to realize that there is/are
4 1/2 Months until the wedding
OR
128 days.

To me, this means that now, more than ever, it's buckle-down time on the planning.

Thankfully, we have nearly all of the major pieces nailed down.

  • Venue: Check!
  • Caterer & Menu: Check! (Yes, we had our *real* tasting, and it was de-lic-ious! I'll write a post on that later)
  • Hotel for Guests: Check!
  • Officiant: Check!
  • Photographer: Check! (Had a meeting that I still need to post about!)
  • Videographer: Check!
  • Florist: Check!
  • DJ: half-Check! (We're just waiting on some confirmation)
  • Invitations: Check! (They arrived...again, something I have failed to blog about yet!)
  • Wedding Dress: Check! (It's been ordered, and should be here soon!)
  • Groom's Clothes: Check! (Now it's just left to decide on the black suit or the grey suit.)
  • Bridesmaid's Dresses: Selected, will order soon!
  • Wedding Bands: Selected, will order soon!
  • Cake: Baker selected, just need to choose a cupcake bakery!
I'm sure there's more, but you get the idea.  The only major piece that we need to make sure we do is to rent all the tables, chairs, and etc.  That's the last big slice that absolutely, 100%, MUST happen or the wedding will be a disaster.

Anything else that isn't done can be done without.  Not that I have any intention of going without all the small things, and details, and everything; I'm just trying to lower my stress level by reminding myself that, yes, all the things that must be done are in process.

1 comment: