Pages

Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, April 14, 2011

DIY: Soap for Out of Towners

One part of the out of towner (OOT) bags that was 100% Chris' idea was to hand-make soaps for our guests.

So we did!

To start, we accumulated the following items:
  1. Clear vegetable glycerine melt-and-pour soap base
  2. Essential oils in various floral scents
  3. Coloring
  4. Heart mold
Following these directions, we made a couple of dozen soaps.

Then, when they were hardened, we put them in the same (unstamped) glassine bags that we're going to be using for the candy buffet.

After, I made a small tag (2" x 5") that Chris then printed on cardstock and cut.  I folded the bags over and stapled the tags to the front of the bags.

Here are the tags that I made:



The Result:


They turned out to be pretty cute, if I do say so myself!

It doesn't hurt that Chris was very proud of his idea. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment